DO NOT Take An Appetite Suppressant Then Put Temptation In Front Of You!
- When you already struggle with restricting certain foods, exposing yourself to your weakness is too strong of a force for any supplement to overpower. An appetite suppressant can really help you control cravings and feelings of imaginary hunger.
Appetite comes from many hormones and neurotransmitter2. These can be stimulated by many factors, including emotions, smells, sights, and atmosphere. If you're taking an appetite suppressant it's probably because you already have trouble controlling your appetite, obviously.
- Taking temptation out of your life is the first step for you weight loss goals, supplemented by the appetite suppressant. Going to Chinese buffets, baking cookies, filling your cabinets with chips and crackers, and other temptation will never let the appetite suppressant do it's job.
Click To Enlarge.
Keep Away From Temptation.
- Get those evils out of sight, and let the fat burning supplement get it out of your mind.
DO NOT Expect To Counter Act An Eating Offense With Fat Burners:
- Everyone knows calories in versus calories out determines whether we gain, maintain, or lose weight. Knowing that fat burners cause a thermogenic affect, which raises calorie expenditure, sometimes people think they could take fat burners to counteract the consequences when they eat fried chicken, French fries, brownies, or (my personal kryptonite) ice cream. Unfortunately it's not that easy.
It is correct that most of the fat burners on the market are thermogenic. Thermogenics refers to creating heat to increase metabolism, therefore reducing fat3.
Thermogenic products usually raise the body's temperature by no more than one degree. However, this slight increase in thermogenics is made manifest during exercise, burning off more calories during exercise and on top of that giving you a more energized workout.
- So if you eat that donut at the office, you'll still have to get to the gym to work it off.
What Worked For Me
I've had great success using fat burning supplements, but not until after a couple of mistakes myself. I never grew up in sports or in a health conscious family, and unfortunately when I started working out I wasn't familiar with the very informative articles from Bodybuilding.com to educate me about the how's, what's, why's, and when's of supplementing fat loss.
My First Mistake:
- When I was 16 a friend of mine got a flyer on her windshield from Herbal Life claiming it's all natural herbs that make you lose as much fat as you'd like without stepping foot into the gym. Being the optimistic and trusting kids that we were (i.e., naive and disillusioned) we thought we struck oil and made an appointment to see the lady immediately!
Despite the fact that were only 16, and didn't tell our parents we were doing this, and we were a normal weight but we just wanted to look like Victoria's Secret models, she still told us the story that all we had to do was give her a lot of our hard earned money and drink this disgusting tea and pop a few bad smelling pills and we'll have the body of our dreams.
- Well, that didn't happen and her excuse was it's because we were "teens", and we should try it again in a few years. But we didn't believe that because we thought nothing will change in a few years because we were already mature grown-ups.
My Second Mistake:
- A few years later when I finally did become a mature grown-up I joined a gym. It was a bodybuilders gym, so when I started I was impressed by all the lean and muscular physiques. I noticed that while these lean muscular physiques were walking out of the gym they were drinking protein shakes or eating a protein bar.