- Do 3 sets of 15 push-ups, or as many as you can before growing fatigued. Add more reps as you gain strength.
- Push ups also work your triceps and shoulders (deltoids).
- Try this variation: elevate your legs by placing our feet on a block or step before doing the exercise. This puts emphasis on your shoulders and upper chest.
- To build muscle mass and hypertrophy it is best to do between 8-12 reps of 1-3 sets. This helps the blood flow carry glycogen throughout your body, so calories will be easily burned and the exercise can continue with the help of adrenaline.
- You can also do incline bench presses by using an inclined bench. This is the same as bench pressing, only it focuses more on your upper pectoral muscles. Decline bench presses focus more on your lower pectoral muscles. Most people don't perform this exercise but it is essential in obtaining a full and rounded chest.
Do bar dips. Stand in front of a wide-grip parallel bar. Pull the bar down and slowly raise it back up. This can be a strenuous exercise that gives you some trouble in the beginning. But it’s one of the best pec workout movements you can do to build lots of chest muscle fast.
Focus on the pecs separately. Lie down in the push up position and push up. Hold for 3 seconds, then transfer all your weight to your right hand and foot. Stick your left hand and foot up in the air as if you are doing a sideways jumping jack. Hold for 3 seconds. Repeat with your left hand and foot. Again, hold for 3 seconds.